Escalating to the END TIMES

As of January 2024, this blog will begin a weekly or bi-weekly profile of books, articles, or videos by whistleblowers and truth-tellers proving to the world that the human condition is in a dire state of MAYDAY! because crime and corruption in high places has been allowed to prevail.

Thursday, August 18, 2022

#054: Provoking to Anger Continually

[From Lutes edition of Joseph Smith Translation showing deletions (strikethroughs) and corrections (bold) by Joseph Smith.]
Reflection: Has the nature of man changed that much from Isaiah's day?

1 I am sought found of them that who asked not seek for after me, I give unto all them that ask of me; I am not found of them that sought me not, or that inquireth not after me.
2 1– 2 I said unto my servant, Behold me, behold look upon me; I will send you unto a nation that was is not called by after my name, for I have spread out my hands all the day unto to a rebellious people which who walketh not in a my way ways, and that their works was are evil and not good, and they walk after their own thoughts.
3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments; which eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things beasts, and is in pollute their vessels;
5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.


--------------------------------/
JST Old Testament | Isaiah 65:1-5 (from Lutes, Kenneth and Lyndell. Joseph Smith Translation (p. 1685). Lutes Publishing. Kindle Edition.)